I love being a blogger but I will be honest and say that there were days at the beginning that I wanted to throw in the towel.
You see, a lot of people have tutorials on “How To Start A Blog,” (shameless plug) but then you find yourself asking, “ok, now what?”
At least I did!
I remember sitting there wishing someone (with more experience) would come along and say: “Here are ten things you can do that will help take your new blog to the next level, quickly.”
But that didn’t happen so, I researched endlessly.
So if you are new to blogging, this is where I am going to simplify things for you.
10 Actionable Steps (That Will Help Grow Your New Blog)
1. Grammarly Install this free browser extension. Why? Having tons of grammar mistakes will turn away readers. It’s also hard to develop a trust factor and following if your readers are having a hard time trying to decipher your content. They have a paid version, which catches even more, which I use because I need all the help I can get.
2. Yoast SEO Download this plugin inside WordPress. It will show up below posts, so get familiar with it until you get a green light for each post. SEO will help you rank higher in search engines like Google. And that’s the point right, to have your information available to anyone searching for it. *Tip* Short sentences help and putting spaces between sentences. It took me forever to figure that out!
3. Canva.com Create beautiful graphics for your blog posts or social media with text overlay. They also have a section to create a Logo and social media headers for Facebook and Twitter. You can create and download as a PDF-Print, PDF-Standard, PNG, and JPG images. PDF’s are great for creating worksheets for your site as freebies.
4. Alt Tags When uploading pictures to WordPress, you NEED to fill in the alt tag description. Use SEO rich keywords in this area for the Google and Pinterest search engines.
5. Social Warfare Social Share buttons on your post make it easy for your visitors to share your content and drive traffic. I tried several other social share plugins that were free, and they slowed my site down. I was so happy to get a recommendation about this plugin because I love it. I can also hide my Pinterest, Twitter and Facebook pins in the post.
7. Facebook Page/ Groups You will need a personal Facebook account to set up a Facebook Business page. Most of my traffic comes from Pinterest and Facebook. Also, I highly recommend joining Facebook Blogging Groups.
8. Tailwind Automation for my Pinterest pins, best decision ever. It generated vast amounts of traffic to my site and increased my Pinterest traffic from 7,000 to 32,000 in less than two months. I have a post on How to use Tailwind to grow your blog traffic. You can pin your first 100 pins for free.
9. Milotree is a way to grow your social media following + your email list with one small pop-up that rotates everytime someone visits your blog. Easy to customize to your brand colors.
10. Convertkit an email newsletter service. Start your list right away. This list will become valuable and a way for you to directly sell things to your targeted audience.
One last thing to remember, don’t stress about implementing them all in one day. Just know that once I did have them in place, my blog took off and yours will too.
Grab your FREE Checklist here!
Hi! I was a stay-at-home mom turned serial entrepreneur. My goal is to help women make money online through blogging tips, entrepreneurial start-ups or just ways to make money on the side while you build your online empire. Get access to my library of 300+ FREE RESOURCES to start and grow your blog + biz.