You see, a lot of people have tutorials on “How To Start A Blog,” but then you find yourself asking, “ok, now what?” And then the research begins.
I know I was sitting there wishing someone with more experience would come along and just give me a list and say “Here are things that you can do that will take your blog to the next level, quickly.” But that didn’t happen, and I researched daily.
So if you are new to blogging, this is where I am going to simplify things for you.
10 Actionable Steps (that will take your blog to the next level)
You can Print out this checklist in my FREE Resource Library.
1. Grammarly Install this free browser extension. Why? Having tons of grammar mistakes will turn away readers. It’s also hard to develop a trust factor and following if they are having a hard time trying to decipher your content. They have a paid version, which catches even more, which I use because I need all the help I can get.
2. Yoast SEO Download this plugin inside WordPress. It will show up below posts, so get familiar with it until you get a green light for each post. SEO will help you rank higher in search engines like Google. And that’s the point right, to have your information available to anyone searching for it.
3a. Canva.com Buy images for a $1 and create beautiful graphics for your blog posts or social media with text overlay. They also have a section to create a Logo and social media headers for Facebook and Twitter. The downside is you cannot upload your own font if they do not have it. But, you can download your image as a PDF-Print, PDF-Standard, PNG, JPG image. PDF’s are great for creating worksheets for your site as freebies. Canva has a free option, but the monthly subscription will save the templates, resize images and highly recommended.
3b. PicMonkey Allows you to download your own font to keep things consistent on your site.You will need to upload a picture. It has a more professional feel to it with the options. They used to have a free version until recently, but with the paid version you can save things in the hub and come back and edit your designs which is a plus. I use both Picmonkey and Canva interchangeably for my site for different aspects that they offer.
4. Alt Tags When uploading pictures to WordPress, you NEED to fill in the alt tag description. Use SEO rich keywords in this area for the Google and Pinterest search engines.
5.Social Warfare Create Social Share buttons on your post that make it easy for your visitors to share your content and drive traffic. I tried several other social share plugins that were free, and they slowed my site down. I was so happy to get a recommendation about this plugin because I love it. Cost $29 year.
7. Facebook Page/ Groups You will need a personal Facebook account to set up a Facebook Business page. Most of my traffic comes from Pinterest and Facebook. Also, I highly recommend joining Facebook Groups that are related to your niche. Just go to the search bar at the top and look up keywords to find groups. For example, I might look up Entrepreneur Blogger Group or just type Blogging. Use it as a search engine and try different words. Groups are great for learning, growing followers, and sharing your content.
8. Tailwind Automation for my Pinterest pins, best decision I’ve made yet. It generated huge amounts of traffic to my site and increased my following. You can try it for FREE for a month by using my link, HERE. They have where you can pay around $15 monthly or $119 annually (works out to be $9.99 monthly, a better deal).
9. Milotree A way to grow your social media following + your email list with one small pop-up that rotates everytime someone visits. It’s very easy to customize, I saw an increase in followers after a short time. Costs $9 a month, but worth it.
10. MailChimp Free newsletter service. This list will become valuable and a way for you to directly sell things to your targeted audience.
Don’t stress about implementing them all in one day. That is why I made a printable checklist. Just know that once I did have them in place, my blog took off and yours will too.
Hi! I was a stay-at-home mom turned online serial entrepreneur.
I’m a big believer in multiple streams of income and will show you how to make money through the internet. Learn everything about how to start a blog & blogging tips, entrepreneurial start-ups, and side hustles to make extra money.
Check out my Free Resource Library for bloggers and online entrepreneurs; you’ll find checklists, cheat sheets and guides.
Follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter.
Are you ready to grow your blog + business?
Sign up for the newsletter and get access to my FREE library with guides, cheat sheets and more added every month.